We help you to achieve an easy workflow with your cell line
- Save time and use our fast and reliable service for cell line authentication
- Prevent either misidentified or cross-contaminated cell lines
- Check with us if unwanted microorganisms are present in your cell line (e.g. with Mycoplasma)
- Publish your results in journals (e.g. Nature, AACR Journals, Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, etc.) with certified cell lines
Profit from best practice
Eurofins is experienced in DNA profiling as the biggest commercial supplier for human profiles for police forces.
To safe time and money, we recommend cell line authentication at regular intervals as a standard quality assurance.
Eurofins' laboratory is ISO 17025:2005 (D-PL-18779-01-00) accredited for forensic genetics and well experienced in the compilation of human profiles.
Our quality management is ISO 9001:2008 certified and all our processes are well documented and follow strict quality guidelines.
Simple and fast genotyping of your cell line
Fully provided cell line authentication services from DNA extraction to official certificates of authenticity that are accepted by peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Basic cell line authenticity service
- Cell Line Authenticity Basic Service using Promega PowerPlex 21 System (customer sends DNA extracts). The 21 tested DNA markers include the required markers by the ANSI/ATCC standard ASN-0002.
Additional cell line authenticity services
- DNA extraction of standard cell line samples like cell pellets (dried or frozen)
- Profile search and comparison to published profiles using public and recognized databases (ATCC, DSMZ, JCRB)
- Provision of certificates for prove of testing results (e.g. for publication)
- Mycoplasma testing
- DNA extraction of non-standard cell line samples like biopsy samples, blood, tissue, etc.
- Extended human profiles using additional marker sets
- Species identification to determine contamination of cell lines by another species (pig, human, hamster, bovine, ovine, mouse, etc.)
- Cell line banking
- SNP genotyping of cell lines
- Genome Instability Monitoring and CNV testing
For prices and additional information just contact us!
Our quality management is ISO 9001:2008 certified and all our processes are well documented and follow strict quality guidelines. Additionally, our laboratory is accredited acc. to ISO 17025:2005 (D-PL-18779-01-00) for forensic genetics.
How to send in samples for Eurofins' Cell Line Authentication Services
Please use the order form for Human Cell Line Authentication Service.
- Send the completed order from containing the sample names electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the completed order from also printed and signed together with your samples to:
Anzinger Str. 7a
DNA extract or cell pellet? Send your samples as:
- Genomic DNA
- Volume >8µl; amount >100ng
- Shipped at ambient temperature
- DNA suspended in a standard TE buffer or similar
- Cell Pellets (dried or frozen)
- More than 10.000 cells (visible cell pellet!)
- Cell culture medium completly removed and cell pellets washed with TE buffer (10 mM Tris, pH 8.0, 1 mM EDTA)
- Shipped cooled (no dry ice)
- Culture Subernatant (for Mycoplasma testing)
- Volume: optimum 1 ml
DNA STR Profile will be send in an Word file per email in a turnaround time (TAT) of 5 working days. Certificates accepted by peer-reviewed journals will be send per email or in hardcopy.
For any further information, please contact us!