Personalized Medicine At Its Best
Pharmacogenetics describes genetic variations between individuals and their influence on the efficacy and side effects of drugs,
Pharmacogenomics examines interactions of drugs with the entire genome: changes of gene expression profiles which are caused by drugs are analysed.
The main goal of both approaches is the individual prediction of desirable and undesirable drug effects. Hence, pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics are contributing to improve drug treatment and to enable and support the development of drugs, which are safer, more targeted and individualized.
Genetic variability is seen both in the area of pharmacokinetics (absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion, ADME) and in the area of pharmacodynamics (drug effects). Genetic variations may have an effect:
- on the expression of drug metabolizing enzymes,
- drug transporters or
Benefit from a comprehensive service portfolio for the entire drug development process, from preclinical research to clinical phase III trials.
Eurofins Genomics is equipped with the latest technical devices for high-throughput analysis allowing short turnaround times. Eurofins Genomics is certified according to ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and ISO 17025, and audited by pharmaceutical clients for GxP regulations.
Eurofins has extensive experience in applying the different genetic analysis methods and techniques which are crucial for the entire drug development and production process:
- Preclinical phase through all phases of clinical trials (phases I, II and III)
- Quality control for production of biologicals.
Comprehensive services available for all your study or project needs:
These services are available from single sample analysis all the way through to the high throughput levels involving several thousand samples
All projects are discussed before providing a quotation to ensure a clear and precise understanding of your needs and requirements. Each project is planned thoroughly, with interim milestones scheduled, to ensure the highest probability for success.
Our pharma and diagnostic services will assist you to:
- Develop agents and drugs more efficiently and economically,
- Use them optimally and precisely regarding their effectiveness,
- Better avoid possible adverse effects and
- Ensure the safety of the compounds through quality control during their production.
Our regulated services cover in general (but are not limited to):
- Assay development and validation
- Scientific consultancy during the planning and implementation of analyses in the scope of clinical trials
- Expert advice on the evaluation and interpretation of results
- Quality assurance documentation through GMP and GLP
- Quality assurance guidelines by GxP
- Project consultancy and project management