Supplying the population with quality food is challenging enough!
Your projects within the fields of crop improvement, animal breeding, agriculture and food production also demand your full time and attention? Therefore, take advantage of our market-leading expertise and solutions.
Important traits in agricultural plants and livestock such as yield, drought resistance, pathogen resistance, feed efficiency and quality linked parameters are genetically encoded. Genomic information, markers and modification linked to properties has enormous power.
See how our agrigenomics services support
Genomics technologies can be developed within relatively short periods of time. This can aid in the development of new breeds, crops, seeds, pesticides or food products.
Benefit from Eurofins' valuable insights from pre-farm to the consumer
Receive consulting by experts in making the right toolbox configuration decisions for your projects. Eurofins Genomics work closely with the world-leading analytical sister divisions Eurofins Food and Eurofins Agroscience.
We offer to be your your full outsourcing partner with our own expert teams in house. We provide a flexible, competent service partner with global reach, high industry standards and scalable capacity.
Contact us for a first exploratory call.
Speed up your projects with Eurofins' integrated portfolio
- Genomic, transcriptomic and metagenomic characterisation of plant, animals, pathogens, microorganism and (processed) food with next generation sequencing or array technologies
- Identification of genetic markers from transcriptomics or genomics approaches, for use in genomic selection, trait-linked selection or genome-wide association
- Marker validation and development of cost-efficient genotyping assays. Based on single assays, multiplex assays, array platforms or next generation sequencing.
- DNA / RNA extraction from all materials such as seeds, leafs, hair, buccal swabs, eartag tissue, soil, insects...
- Genotyping (SNPs, SSRs, InDels etc.) based on Illumina, Affymetrix, Fluidigm, Sequenom, Roche, Life/ABI and TaqMan technologies
- Species and breed identification in food and feed products
- Genetic characterisation of organisms, GMOs, strains and genetic constructs
- Sanger sequencing (DNA Barcoding) and gene sequencing
- Detection and characterisation of genetic inserts
- Quality testing for processes and products
- Quantitative and real-time PCR assay development, validation and conduction
- DNA and RNA oligonucleotides, gene synthesis and vector construction
Strict confidentiality is ensured by every project. The high quality of our service is overseen by a professional quality management team. We are certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 and compliant with GLP.