Identify the microbial community in your sample
16S metagenomic analysis is mostly used for species profiling and species determination in a variety of environmental samples.
Most, if not all, bacteria can be differentiated by sequencing amplicons derived from one of the following regions: V1-V3, V3-V4 or V3-V5.
Eurofins Genomics offers all sets / regions as an NGS Favourite, that can be ordered online.
Specifications of microbial DNA Barcoding, available as online package
Basic service includes
- 1x QC per sample (including real-time PCR to determine the bacterial content of your sample)
- Amplicon generation (either V1-V3, V3-V4 or V3-V5)
- Pooling & normalisation of amplicons
- Sequencing on MiSeq with the 2 x 300 bp paired-end read module
- Basic bioinformatic analysis (sorting of reads according to inline barcodes)
- Data delivery
- Minimum sample number: 6
As an additional service we will also purify the high molecular weight DNA from various starting material
- Detection of pathogenic microorganisms
- Fermentation surveillance (e.g. cheese)
- Probiotics testing
- Food / feed research (e.g. faeces)
- Soil testing
- Water / waste water testing
- Microbial pollution in buildings
- Aquaculture (e.g. microbiota in water, marine sediments)
If required we also offer advanced bioinformatic analysis
- 16S rRNA metagenome analysis
- Taxonomical assignment and read abundance estimation for all OTUs down to species level (depending on the sample and bacteria present in the sample only down to genus or family level)
- Normalised abundance estimation of bacterial and archaeal OTUs considering lineage-specific copy numbers of marker genes
Interested in other 16S regions or a custom project? Just contact us.
For pure cultures, we also offer classical bacterial species identification by DNA Barcoding of the 16S rRNA by PCR and Sanger sequencing.