GeneStrands gene fragments are linear dsDNA fragments that can be used in a wide-range of applications. Some features of the sequence can be challenging to any synthetic Gene/GeneStrand project. Our proprietary sequence optimization tool, GENEiusTM
, when coupled with our oligo synthesis and assembly methods capabilities, allows us to assemble a wide-range of custom Genes and GeneStrands gene fragments that may be challenging for other suppliers. Nevertheless, for the methods followed at Eurofins Genomics, the following features in the sequence make the synthesis and assembly complex:
- Stretches of direct or inverted repeats
- Homopolymeric stretches
- Stretches of sequence that can result in critical secondary structures
- Stretches of sequence with very high or low GC content.
- Stretches of sequences with minor differences in the sequence.
To check if the sequence of your linear dsDNA has segments with these features, simply copy and paste your sequence into the sequence field. Ensure that
- the sequence only contains the four standard DNA bases - A, C, G, & T; any non-standard characters included in the sequence will be eliminated (without replacement) during sequence validation.
- the sequence does not contain spaces; the sequence should be entered as a one continuous block of sequence.
Please note that every sequence is validated by GENEiusTM
before being added to the cart. The identified features and the suggestions for resolving these sequence-specific features are also provided by GENEius. To optimize your sequence and test the capabilities of GENEius, we have a limited-feature edition of GENEius, GENEius Light, that can be accessed through this link
. A guest login and password is provided. You can test your sequence and upload the optimized sequence on the GeneStrands gene fragments order editor.